Dear Mayor Tuck & Turner Valley Council,
As you may have seen, there were a few members in the Gallery from the Turner Valley Rate Payers Association. We have the following questions and concerns with what was accepted unanimously by our elected officials. We ask you kindly address these from the desk of our Mayor & Council. A consolidated response is appreciated.
- The format as presented on both the Operating & Capital proposed budgets ,lacks detail. ( Although you may have had this in your separate deliberations with Administration). Do you find this acceptable, when being presented in draft form to the Rate Payers of Turner Valley ?
- There were discrepancies with the Amounts being proposed for the Operating Budget on both the agenda & the draft. Council recognized the discrepancies and through calculations while in Chambers by Administration was adjusted accordingly. Under basic procedures should item 7.2 (1) have been tabled and item 7.2(2) alternatives been used ?
- Council have just approved an operating budget & capital budget of just over $14 Million dollars to be funded through taxes ( Municipal, Provincial grants & Federal grants). Do you find this acceptable with a simple summary report from the Administration?
- An interview the Mayor had with Sun Country this week Mayor Tuck advised a “Zero Increase” in taxes. We have noted and stated in the Council Meeting on December 19th there will be 1% increase, kindly advise what the rate payers can expect ?
- It has been reported by 2 rate payers who attended the December 12,2016 budget deliberations, that administration asked Council “ What Amounts/percentage” of reductions would like to been seen for this budget, and there was no response from any of our elected officials ! Do you find this acceptable as the representative to the Rate Payers of Turner Valley ?
Turner Valley Rate Payers Association is working as an organized voice for the Rate Payers , offering our support to the Elected Officials.
Please note , to ensure complete transparency with the Rate Payers of Turner Valley, this e-mail is being posted on the Turner Valley Rate Payers Web Page.
Turner Valley Rate Payers Association